What forms of consultation are carried out on development applications?

    The Town’s Local Planning Policy – “Community Consultation on Planning Proposals”, provides guidance on the community consultation process for planning proposals, including proposals which require consultation, the means and duration of consultation, and the manner in which Council will keep the community informed of the decision-making process.

    This local planning policy is available in the Important Links section located on the panel to the right of the homepage.

    How can I make a submission?

    If you wish to provide comments on a development application currently open for community consultation, the easiest way to give your feedback is online, using the online submission form on the development application page - the link is at the end of the page. 

    Alternatively, you can provide your comments by email to admin@vicpark.wa.gov.au, or post to Town of Victoria Park, Locked Bag No. 437, Victoria Park WA 6979, quoting application reference number - located on the development application page (i.e. 5.2018.100.1)

    I have a question about a development application open for community consultation. Who can I contact?

    Please call the Town on 08 9311 8111 and ask to speak to the assessing officer of the development application of interest to you.

    For detailed enquiries, we recommend that you contact the assessing officer to arrange a meeting time (during business hours) to discuss.

    Will I be advised on the decision of the development application?

    Yes, if you lodge a submission on a development application you will be informed, in writing, on the decision in relation to the development application.

    Also if the development application is referred to a meeting for decision by Council or JDAP (Joint Development Assessment Panel), as a submitter, you will receive a notification inviting you to attend the meeting where the decision will be made.

    Why are development application submissions now on Your Thoughts instead of the Town's website?

    The Town's online consultation hub, Your Thoughts, has expanded to host formal submissions to ensure consistency and ease for our community to connect with the town and provide feedback on a range of issues and projects of interest, all in the one place.